The food blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://food.casadelindquist.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, August 26, 2011

Marisha's Favorite Smoothie!

Last week was my 25th Birthday. Where did the time go!? I am finally 25 and haven't really decided how I feel about it yet . . . Though; all of my friends are going on 26 or 27 now so it does make me feel a little better :) The benefit of birthdays at any age is that they usually mean a gift or two and this year I received one of the best inventions ever made- A Ninja 1100. Truly it is AMAZING! Yes, it’s a blender and an awesome one, but it really is a multi-use tool. So far I’ve perfected my smoothie making, but I am now planning on venturing out into bread doughs, sauces, cookies-the options are endless – So excited! On that note I did start this post to share my favorite Smoothie Recipe . . .

Banana Pineapple Smoothie – From the Ninja Cookbook

2 Cups Pineapple Juice
1 Cup Pineapple Chunks
1 Ripe Banana
¼ Cup unsweetened Coconut Milk
1 TBSP Honey
3 Cups Ice Cubes

Pour all ingredients into a 72 oz Blender; I advise starting with the ice or it may not all blend! Blend until very smooth. Pour into glasses and serve.


So Tasty!! Enjoy!


Because I started using the Ninja daily (yes daily) and I quickly realized it would be expensive to continuously buy fresh ingredients. I decided to buy the giant containers of fruit instead. I brought them home then separated them into freezer baggies and now I have enough fruit to last me quite awhile! Today while I was separating the canned peaches I decided to make a quick peach crisp. I mean who doesn’t love a fruit crisp really!? That recipe is coming up soon so watch out!

No comments:

Post a Comment