The food blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://food.casadelindquist.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Easy Peasy Semi-Homemade Macaroni and Cheese

As long as I have the time I thought I'd throw this quick lunch on here. One of my favorite quick meals to make. Typically everyone has all of the ingredients on hand so it can be quite handy!

Easy Peasy Semi-Homemade Macaroni and Cheese
1 box of your favorite easy Mac and Cheese (I use Annie's brand with shells)
1/3 cup milk
1/4-1/2 cup shredded cheese of choice (I mix a few to get this amount)
1 tsp. Black Pepper
2 tsp. Roasted Garlic and Red Pepper Seasoning Blend -McCormick

In medium saucepan boil water then add pasta. While pasta is cooking place shredded cheese (I use what I have on hand usually a combo of reduced fat cheddar, parmesan, and or feta cheeses), pepper, and roasted garlic seasoning in a small bowl, combine. Once pasta is done, drain and place back in saucepan. Add milk and cheese packet from Mac and Cheese box. Mix well. Place half of macaroni and cheese in the bottom of a small (6 cups) oven safe container. I usually use the 6 cup glass pyrex pan. Sprinkle 2/3 of the cheese/spice mixture over the macaroni. Cover with remaining macaroni and cheese, cover with remaining cheese. From here I usually place the container in my wonderful toaster oven for about 10 mins on Toast. For more traditional cooking, place in an oven at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until the top cheese is bubbly or brown depending on preference. Enjoy!


Of course, this is just a starting point. Feel free to use your favortie seasoning instead of the roasted garlic and pepper. With a good cheddar it's always tasty to add bacon pieces; and with a white sauce chicken is quite good. I've been known to add cut up carmalized onions also. An easy way to fix up boring macaroni!

1 comment: